Saturday, March 13, 2010

Loo at the Zoo:)

This weekend, my sister and my 9 month old niece, Hayden, came to visit me in Texas:) We went to the Fort Worth Zoo today and I think it was the most fun Ive had in awhile. Hayden kept me laughing every minute with her silly faces and jibber jabber. It was her first time to the zoo and she LOVED all the animals! Her favorite animals were the giraffes and the monkeys. We taught her how to make a monkey sound and when we asked her "how do the gorillas go?" and she pooched her lips out and lowered her eyebrows and said " hoohooho" we about died! haha...she's the absolute cutest little chunky monkey out there. If I have kids one day, I hope they are just like her...too cute! I picked up Christian and brought him too because he is on spring break and he never does anything like this so we thought he's have a great time and he did! He helped alot with Hayden too...it was so sweet.

This is the first time my sister and her husband Justin have been away from each other since they had Hayden so he was pretty sad. I almost threw up at how mushy and lovey they were on the phone today but then I thought about how happy I am for them. My sister truly is the most amazing mom ever. It's so crazy to see how she has evolved into this amazing young woman and incredible mother. I can only hope that one day when I have a family of my own,  I can be half the mother she is and have the type of marriage she has with Justin. They are so cute! Its great to be able to spend time with them because Im farther from my family now, and sometimes i just miss them so much, especially lately since Ive been separated from everyone I love and at times, that has been very hard for me. It can feel quite lonely but its great that I have a lot of positive things going on that keep me busy. Im still waiting to get things settled with PA school and other mission/volunteer opportunities....so much to keep me focused on and keep my mind off things!! There are so many great things to be done and good times to be had:)

Enjoy the pics!! Hayden is a cutie!! Love you all!!

1 comment:

  1. My precious babies!!!!!!!!!! Lauren, Cass, Hayden and Christian. I love you all. :)

    ReplyDelete