Saturday, March 6, 2010

Updates


Im back in the states now and have been for almost a week:( Im glad to be back to see family but to be honest, I am a little restless. I really want to be back in India; however, I felt like I needed to come back to figure out school and see where I was going to get into PA school, as well as tie up some other things at home. Everytime I tell anyone about India, I start to cry. I have just never been moved like this before, even a week after, I still feel everything so strongly. I have a meeting this week about my opportunity in Sierra Leone and another with someone for an opportunity in Afghanistan; however, i feel that the Middle Eastern job is not safe at this point and will probably just keep it on the back burner. When I was about to leave India, I was almost going to extend my stay for longer and then I just fet as if I needed to come back home and sort some things out and I did. Since I got back, I had a call about an interview for the PA school in Tampa at South University! Im excited! it all happened for a reason because if I wouldve stayed longer I would have missed the interview, so as of now until May, I will be staying in TX and finishing up one class I need that starts 3/22 and working as much as possible to save some money. I finally have a car!! yay!! Also, Im living with Mary now, well just being her bedroom roomate:) haha.. Since I only need a place for 3 months, a 3 mo lease is too short to sign so Im staying  with Mary until I know the next steps of where Ill be going as far as school and travels. I love TX but Im very excited at the possibility at a new adventure and a fresh start. Im going through some changes and needless to say, its difficult and at times, a little emotional but Im so very happy and hopeful at what the future will bring. My heart has been pretty heavy lately with everything but I know that things will work out how they are supposed to and I think I have finally found some peace and comfort in knowing that I cant control anything anymore. I just have to live life and take it a day at a time and have faith. I have really understood what it means to be still recently and Im trying to listen more. I have such a strong pull towards a few things in my life and Im waiting to see where the next step leads me. I have a bracelet on my right hand that a loved one gave me and I havent taken it off since then. Everyday I look at it it reminds me that there is good to come and just to be hopeful and have faith of whatever comes in my path. I have really gained alot of strength this past month through my experiences and I think I finally feel like I can accomplish alot of the things I am passionate about. My goal for the next however long is to continue to make things on my "List" disappear and to continue to just work on myself and stay true to my path:)

Sometimes, I wish I was back on the mountain so i could just breathe the fresh air and be surrounded by peace and beauty. I think that was the most at peace I had felt in so long. I have some amazing, unforgettable memories of that trip:)

WE ARE NOT HUMAN BEINGS GOING THROUGH A TEMPORARY SPIRITUAL EXPERIENCE, WE ARE SPIRITUAL BEINGS GOING THROUGH A TEMPORARY HUMAN EXPERIENCE.

No comments:

Post a Comment