Saturday, February 6, 2010

An excerpt from Mary's India journal...

6th January 2010-
This morning we were taken to the hospital and given a tour by Orijeet and Geraldine. We went up to the top floor and the 1st patient I saw was an old man in a wheel chair. I looked at the man and smiled. I looked into his eyes, his brown eyes, and saw no happiness, just pain. A look that stopped me dead in my tracks. I thought I was looking at my dad again before he lost his battle with cancer. The man craddled his face with his hands, exactly what my dad would do when the pain got to be too much; a sign that I needed to press his Morphine bolus without any words needed. Daddy always wanted me to take care of him because I could read him in that way so our final time together wasn't spent talking about his condition. A flood of memories surged over me, taking me back to the hardest time of my life, the horror film where my loved one was being tortured and I could do nothing. I immediately was brought to tears. I knew at that moment that Daddy was with me. Daddy always used to call me his "precious angel"... and at that very moment I knew he was mine.

3 comments:

  1. You are a "PRECIOUS ANGEL" and God is with ya'll and watching over ya'll each and every moment of the day. It is very sad to see the conditions these poor people live in, but one day, it won't be that way. I love ya'll so much - Aunt Brenda

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with Aunt Brenda. You are a "PRECIOUS ANGEL" God is close to your heart. I love you. Neen

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mary... Dad is watching over you!!! We are very proud of you and can't wait to hear all the stories. Keep them coming!

    ReplyDelete