Tuesday, February 16, 2010

On an overnight train to Puri! This should be interesting..

Our crazy experience on the auto rickshaw:)) hopefully the train wont be as crazy!

Mary and I are starting our 3 day fun adventure to Puri, Orissa tonight. We are about to get on a 9 hour overnight train that will take us to beautiful Puri, a beach town with lots of temples and culture. It should be a fun little getaway for a few days. We are also going to visit a school that has 600 kids, which is part of the CMM ministry. Im not sure if we will have internet or dependable communications so we will post pics and stories when we return back to Calcutta on the 20th:)

Quick story, today we drove about 2 hours outside of Calcutta to a town called Saramapore. There are about 20,000 villagers. It was a nice town and is where Jean will start the "Hope House", which will house about 10 high risk girls. She has also written the curriculum for the "Manimala" school which has about 65 students, both boys and girls and she will help run it with a local doctor and her husband. They also have a large clinic here for the village. I felt very pulled here today and connected with 4 of the girls on a deeper level than anyone else Ive encountered here so far. I could possibly have a great opportunity to live with these girls in the "Hope House" when Jean has to leave for 2 months (because of the new visa regulations in India) We discussed the possibility today and I really feel this may be a great thing for me. I would be able to just mentor the girls, tutor them, help them with their english, as well as help with the village clinics while they are in school. Its something I will pray about but I left today feeling very strong...we will see. I also had a great idea for a business opportunity..ill share later! So much to write but we are about to leave for our train!! love you all and no worries, Mary has a water gun and I have my multi tool that Peter gave me so if anyone messes with us on the train, they are in major trubsss! haha!

Talk soon!!

1 comment: