Sunday, February 7, 2010

Thoughts...

When I woke up this morning, I woke up one of the worst tragedies my hometown has seen in a long time. Dr. Cooper, his two beautiful daughters, age 14 and 16, and Dr. Draper, another dentist were killed in a plane crash on their way to Fayetteville. Dr. Cooper was an incredible man, one I shadowed for a few years in high school when I wanted ot become an oral surgeon. He helped me and mentored me in so many ways and put so many great opportunities and contacts in my path. Kate and I used to babysit his 3 kids, which only 1, EP, his son and his wife were left behind. Dr. Draper left a son behind which was my brothers best friend. Libby and Katy were sweet girls with a zest for life and beautiful spirits that touches alot of people. They will be missed greatly.These sorts of things just don't happen all the time and its just such a freak accident for an entire family to be taken so soon. My heart aches for Cheryl and EP and Dayton. I wish there were answers or some sort of comfort I could give to the loved ones left behind and I know words do nothing for that right now. All I know is that Heaven gained 4 beautiful, happy, loving angels today. Please keep their families in your prayers. I cant even imagine how they are coping. It makes me want to grab the people that I love most and never let go. We forget how short our time is here and how blessed we are to have our families but we often take that for granted because of the chaos or other insignificant issues that keep us from doing or saying what we really want to do. There are so many that I love and hold dear, yet I am so far away. When I get home in 3 weeks, Im going to spend so much time with my family and I hope each and everyone of you will do the same with yours.

In church today, after i had received the news, there was some sort of comfort for me in the sermon. The preacher talked about time and how little we had because Jesus was coming back soon, that there would be no more pan, death, or suffering. I cling to that promise and i lift it up to God. I know there have been so many tears shed lately and I know that there is a better place for those who have left us so we shouldnt be sad. He also said that time was short on earth and that we should think of anyone weve wronged or any hurt we were holding onto and let it go, Give it up and forgive so you can truly let those hurts heal and move towards better things that God has for you. Ive been doing this alot; letting go of past hurts, and Ive felt an incredible sense of freedom since this. That cant hold me back anymore. I love someone that I hurt deeply and I know that I have to let those hurts go so that i can truly heal as much as that person does as well. I often pray for strength and guidance to know how to move forward in certain situations as these but I know I have a light at my feet pointing me in the right direction, so I am comforted and I will just rest and trust my heart that "all things will work together for the good of those who are the called according to his purpose-Romans 8:28" I miss all of you and im sorry I cant be there with you to give you a hug. I love you and I miss you and im so grateful for each of you and what you bring into my life...there is so much. Have a great day and week and just breath...there are so many things to be happy about.

3 comments:

  1. We love you sweet girl. I wish you were home. Neena and Papa

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really need to stop reading your blog while I am at work! I have had three people walk by and ask if I was ok because I was balling! I love you both and miss you! Come back soon so we can hang out!

    ReplyDelete
  3. mary!! you are so sweet, i miss you!! how are you and for real this itme, when i get back to tx, we are hanging, where do you live again?

    ReplyDelete