Saturday, February 13, 2010

Happy Valentine's Day!! Shout out to my family:)

missing the mountain ;)


Just a reminder of my family love:) Miss you

It doesn't matter if you are single or taken, know that you are loved more than anyone on this Earth could ever love you, and not just on Valentine's Day, but 365 days of the year! God's love really is amazing if you just open your heart to it, I am realizing that more and more everyday. He brings us through the ashes with hope to cling to. Im so grateful for that kind of love.

I was also reminded in church today that God uses IMPERFECT vessels. Everyone of us should be encouraged to go out, not necessarily into missions or ministry but God can call us in any areas whether its business, politics, medicine, teaching, plumbing, abroad, or in our own town. It doesn't matter; everyone has a different call and a different plan. We just have to see that we are good enough to do that for him, it doesn't matter WHAT we have done. Nothing is too big for God. You are never too far gone for Him. I encourage all of you if you feel this way to just sit and talk with him, pray and listen. Open your heart and open your eyes. He didn't create any two people the same so don't ever judge or point fingers at who is doing more for God, or anything at all because you never know what God has planned for that person and that person's timing may not be the same as yours. Above all, just try to walk in the direction your heart is tugging you to go in because from what I have learned in the past few years, is usually God knocking at your door and sometimes its so loud you just cant ignore it anymore. We all struggle with something. For some it may be alcohol, sexuality, cussing, anger, jealousy, etc. My biggest struggle was dishonesty, for some reason I could never get the whole truth out whether it was to keep someone form hurting, make things not seem as bad, or just wanting to stay out of a confrontation. I can say this out loud now without feeling criticized or like a failure because I have finally overcome that issue, for whatever reason it was an issue, but I tell you that just to say that you don't have to hide anymore and even if we continue to mess up, you are still loved beyond any amount imaginable. I hope everyone that reads this is happy, blessed, loved and knows that it is never hopeless, no matter what the circumstance. Bring it to God and you WILL get through anything. Unfortunately, I can bear witness to this more than I can count on my fingers, and toes. I just want to share that with everyone...I really felt God speak that to me today in church. Mary and I both have had some similar experiences and circumstances with our pasts, families, and our hardships and today when we read, "You were not a mistake, for all your days are written in my book..."(Psalm 139:14), we both just looked at eachother and started tearing because we knew, once again, that we do both have some huge calling in our life and we are getting closer to that everyday. We are loved beyond words and its just comforting to be reassured sometimes. We all have those days of confusion when you often wonder what god's purpose for your life is but Mary and I were reminded by a friend that God is not a God of confusion, there's a time and a place and he does have everything planned for each person. We will figure it out eventually. Just have comfort in that.

Things are going great here and we are really getting attached to everything here. We both agree that this is something that we would like to come back to in the future in whatever way that is. We are still moved everyday and we both talked about how we can be good examples within our own families and friends. Anyways, I didnt mean to sound preachy I just am overwhelmed with love today in so many ways. Thanks again for all of your prayers and know that it means more than you can ever know.

To the people I love most:

Mom,
I dont think anyone in this world will ever truly understand what you have been through in your life. You are my strength and I hope you know that. You are an AMAZING mother and have always been. It doesnt matter what you have or havent done in the past, its what you do now. Know all of your babies love you more than you will ever know and more than we probably were able to express at some points...When I get home, lets start making new memories! I pray for you and dad everyday to know that you are great parents and eventhough we've had our struggles, we always get through it. Stay strong and please dont ever give up. I love you mom!! You are the silliest mom in the world!:)

Dad,
Where do I even begin. You are an incredible man, simple as that. You truly showed me the love of a father and you have stood by mom through so many things. You are strong and you dont even see it sometimes. Dont ever get discouraged through our hardships because you are our rock and we only have one family and we all love you so much. I hope that you and mom see all the greta things you have done in our lives an dsee that maybe this day is dont, but tomorrow the sun will rise...its always a chance to make things better. I love you so much dad!

Sister,
Little, cute, stubborn, sassy sister of mine...I love you so incredibly much, it really does hurt me sometimes. You are the most resillient young woman I think I have ever met. You are grace under fire and a stone wall when you needed to be. Without you even knowing, you've been a huge inspiration to me. You are an incredible mother and one I will strive to be when hopefully I have kids of my own someday. I know we've had our battles, but I never truly saw the love and friendship of a sister until we grew out of that. I realize when I asked for a sister when I was younger, it wasnt just to play with or make do things for me, it was to lift me up and lean on when times were tough. You have been the silent one for so long and I hope you know you can always come to me for anything. I love you with all my heart sissy!

Deej,
Baby brother, Im already crying at this point as Im typing this. haha. You have always been the baby, always getting away with everything and using those beautiful big eyes to get out of anything! These past few years, I have see you grow into the most strong, wonderful young man and make decisions that I never had the courage to make. You stand up for what you really believe in and thats a trait most can never obtain. You are silly, goofy, and you always make me smile. Serious as you may try to be, a crack of that smile and you truly do touch so many. You have always been the most loving to everyone and also one who stood in the back for along time, but so brave. I am so proud of you and the man you are becoming. I hope you know you can do anything in this world. You are definitely smarter than me, i just studied way too much. haha. I cant wait to make more sibling memories with you throughout the next years and Im sorry I have missed out on so much! I turned around and saw my baby brother become my big brother; thank you for watching out for me, telling me things no one else ever would to my face, and for being a little turd because without you knowing, you have changed my life. I love you bubby!!

Everyone else:
You know who you are and how much you mean to me and I didnt mean to get all sappy but I have so much love in my heart and I never want to go a day without letting you know what you mean to me and what you have given me. Each time we meet, I get something new. I always carry it with me:)

I will post more on our adventures soon!! Mary and I are going to the blind school and back to Prem Dan this week, continue to pray for our strength and for God to continue to use us. Thanks!! Love you bunches!!!!!

1 comment:

  1. These were the most wonderful posts you made today. I can't wait for Papa to read these. He will get sappy too! :) I agree with everything you wrote about your Mom, Dad, Cassi, and Dj., very well said. Mary is an amazing friend. I am soo glad she is there having this experience with you. I love you both, and thank God for you. Have a wonderful day. Neen and Papa

    ReplyDelete